Quick Property Search
Morrisville was originally settled in 1840. An historical marker in downtown Morrisville marks the skirmish that occurred here during the closing days of the Civil War. It was the last cavalry battle of the Civil War. As the Confederates were attempting to transport their remaining supplies and wounded to the west, Sherman's cavalry forced the Confederates to leave the train behind and retreat towards Durham and the eventual surrender of the largest Confederate force of the war. The town was officially chartered in 1875 and named for Jerry Morris who owned the town site. The town charter was repealed in 1933, though the town was reincorporated in 1947.